Gymnastics Victoria (GV) is committed to promoting and protecting the interests and safety of all children and young people and has zero tolerance for child abuse which includes anything that compromises the health and well-being of children. Everyone involved with Gymnastics Victoria, its affiliated clubs, committees and activities are responsible for the care and protection of children under 18. This includes reporting information about child abuse to the relevant authority.
- To complete the Child Safe online course Click Here
- To report a Child Protection matter to the GV Office Click Here
- For information on what constitutes child abuse Click Here
GV understands that Child Protection can be a sensitive issue to talk about for some people. We believe one of the important ways to protect children from abuse is to provide opportunities for children, young people and adults to talk openly about the issues related to child abuse and to keep these conversations going.
If you are concerned about a child’s welfare and feel that you would like to report this matter or to discuss it further, please contact the Gymnastics Victoria office and ask to speak with one of our Senior Managers or the Child Safe Officer. Gymnastics Victoria have an online reporting form which is available Here.
Gymnastics Victoria has finalised its Child Safety Framework and this is available by clicking here.
GV values the gymnastics community’s feedback on the Gymnastics Victoria Child Protection Framework. Feedback can be made by clicking here or by contacting the GV office on (03) 9005 4700.
Gymnastics Victoria and its affiliated clubs are collectively a Child Safe Child Friendly sport and organisation. A number of important polices have been implemented throughout our sport as part of our commitment to promoting the safety and protection of children.
The Victorian Government has introduced compulsory minimum standards that apply to all organisations that provide services for children. These standards help to protect children from all forms of abuse. The child safe standards form part of the Victorian Government’s response to the Betrayal of Trust Inquiry.
These Standards came into effect for sporting organisations as of the 1 January 2017.
Implementation of Standards
Gymnastics Victoria has conducted a review of our sport's approach to the new State Government's standards and have provided the following resources to Gymnastics clubs:
- The Self-Audit tool is available (click here for a word version or click here for a pdf version) - completing this tool and developing an action plan will assist each affiliated club to comply with the Victorian Government’s child safety standards.
- In December 2016 GV reviewed and updated the GV Child Protection policies. Click below for current Policies and Codes:
For Clubs to be compliant with the child safe standards:
Complete the Gymnastics Club Self Audit tool and develop a Child Protection action plan for your club - click here for a word version or click here for a pdf version.
- Ensure you read and distribute the GV Child Protection policies to all involved at your club
- Ensure your club distributes the 2017 Member Booklet that contains information for Children regarding Kids Helpline
- Subscribe to Club Torque to keep up to date with the latest information regarding Gymnastics Child Protection
- Keep the conversation about child safe child friendly club going in every meeting
Further information and initiatives will be released on this page and GV's e-newsletters. For any assistance at all please do not hesitate to contact the GV Office on (03) 9005 4700.