Who is Gymnastics Victoria?
Gymnastics Victoria is the Victorian Government recognised peak organisation for gymnastics in Victoria, is a member of VicSport (the peak body for State Sport Organisations in Victoria), a member of the Victorian Olympic Council and a member of the Victorian Commonwealth Games Association.
Gymnastics is the fastest-growing major participation sport in Victoria with Gymnastics Victoria on track to reach 60,000 members by the end of 2017 and currently have over 700,000 participants and 130 clubs.
There are eight Gymsports which include Men’s, Women’s, Rhythmic, Aerobic, Acrobatic, Trampoline, Cheerleading and Gymnastics For All - Gymnastics Victoria is an inclusive organisation working towards a vision of gymnastics for all Victorians.
Affiliated with Gymnastics Australia and the International Gymnastics Federation (FIG), Gymnastics Victoria provides gymnastics pathways from fundamental movement programs to Olympic Games and World Championships.
To participate in gymnastics you must be a member of one of our 125 clubs located throughout Victoria.
Click here to find a club just right for you!
Services for GV Members
Gymnastics Victoria is the governing body for gymnastics in Victoria.
GV is responsible for
- Promoting the sport of gymnastics in Victoria
- Providing services to Club members, participant members and technical (coaches and judges)
- Creating a network of gymnastics clubs
- Organising and hosting events including competitions, training, workshops
- Providing and maintaining a library of resources essential to clubs, gymnasts, parents and schools
- Coaching and judging accreditation and training
- Communication with the public with the latest news and updates
- Providing an avenue for participants to become members; a status that holds many benefits
- Endorsing and encouraging the development of world-class elite athlete
For information on starting a new club click here