Expectations around clubs providing judges:
Clubs are expected to provide judges in the ratio of 1:10 for all events they enter:
Meet & Challenge sessions
1 judge for 1-10 gymnasts & 2 judges for 11 - 20 and 3 judges for 20 and above..
1 judge for 1 – 10 gymnasts, 2 judges for 11 - 20 and 3 judges for 20 and above.
1 judge for 1 – 10 gymnasts and 2 judges for 11 and above.
Beginner Gymstar Judging Course - Available Now!
Gymnastics Victoria are very excited to announce that the Beginner Gymstar judging course is now available on the LMS as an online course!
This course is free for all Victorian community members and is designed for new judges or judges who haven’t judged in a while and are looking for a refresher.
Completion of this course allows judges to judge levels 1 to 3 at Gymstar competitions. Future courses for higher levels are currently in development.
The course is located on Gymnastics Australia’s LMS platform which can be accessed by logging into your GOL account via the Gymnastics Australia website.
Click here to download a guide on accessing the Beginner Gymstar Judging Course as well as how to setup an LMS account if you do not already have one.
For more information to Gymstar judging including upcoming courses please head to the Gymnastics Victoria StudyGym website: Gymstar Judges Hub
Child Safety and Working With Children Check
It is Gymnastics Victoria policy and a legal standard to sight a current, valid Working with Children Check (WWCC) or Victorian Institute of Teachers (VIT) card from all coaches, judges, officials, vendors and volunteers at all Gymnastics Victoria events.
At all Gymnastics Victoria events:
- All coaches, judges, officials, vendors, volunteers and anyone else who GV staff feel require a WWCC due to the nature of the work that they are undertaking for GV are required to present themselves to an authorised person with their current and valid WWCC or VIT card (and photo ID) and complete the sign in sheet per day of competition prior to access to the field of play;
- It is a requirement for coaches and judges to include their Technical Membership number when signing in;
- Coaches, judges, officials, vendors and volunteers must be easily identifiable on the field of play by means of either a wrist band or stamp to ensure they have presented their WWCC or VIT;
- WWCC and VIT cards must be presented visually. A number alone is not sufficient, however a clear photograph of the card (on a mobile phone or similar) will satisfy the requirement. Persons under 18 are not required to have a WWCC, however it is highly recommended; and
- Personnel required to present their WWCC are encouraged to take an image of the front and back of their card in case of misplaced/lost WWCC card.
Coaches, judges, officials, vendors and volunteers unable to provide a current and valid WWCC or VIT card at all GV Events will NOT be permitted access to the field of play or to continue in their role at the event, and will NOT be eligible to receive updating points or a judging honorarium.
Coaches and Judges must sign in with their current and valid WWCC or VIT card and their current Technical Membership number in order to receive updating points and payment (where required).
Where a person has not included this information on the sign in sheet, they will not receive updating points or payment.