The Benefits of KinderGym
KinderGym is Gymnastics Australia’s fun and exciting fundamental movement-based learning program for children aged 0 to 5 years.
The program is founded on child development principles and is specifically designed to assist children with their development throughout the different stages of early childhood.
There are many benefits for children and parents/carers who participate in KinderGym;
1. Encourages Children and Parents to be active
KinderGym encourages parents and caregivers to play an active role in the child’s development by involving parents/carers participation in classes.
2. KinderGym helps children develop physically, cognitively, socially and emotionally.
KinderGym provides children with a safe environment to experience a wide-range of movement activities that encourage them to think, create and solve problems as they discover and learn to understand how their bodies move and their abilities.
3. Activities are tailored to each child’s age and developmental stage
Taught by accredited coaches, KinderGym is founded on child development principles and is specifically designed to assist children with their development throughout the different stages of their early childhood.
4. KinderGym is a shared activity between parents and children
KinderGym provides parents with an opportunity to further bond with their children while their children are playing and learning new skills.
5. KinderGym helps children to develop social skills
Children participating in KinderGym classes learn how to communicate and play with other children.
6. KinderGym helps to develop healthy, active children and instil a lifelong love of movement
Children who participate in KinderGym develop healthy habits and are likely to stay physically active throughout their life.
7. KinderGym is fun, colourful and exciting
KinderGym classes are designed to be fun and exciting for children. Many clubs pick specific themes for their lessons that keep the classes entertaining.
8. KinderGym is a great opportunity to meet other families
Through actively involving parents/carers KinderGym classes give families the opportunity to meet and form connections with other families in their local community.
9. KinderGym helps get kids school ready
KinderGym lessons are structured and controlled helping to introduce children to a similar environment and expectations as to what they may experience in a classroom at school.
10. KinderGym assists in developing physical literacy
KinderGym gives children the ability to plan and execute basic motor skills including; running, jumping, catching, kicking and throwing. The program also offers children a foundation into fundamental movement allowing them to play and explore while developing co-ordination, balance, agility and self-esteem.
Find out more about KinderGym
and find your local club here
Source: Gymnastics South Australia