What is Gymnastics Victoria?
Gymnastics Victoria is the Victorian Government recognised peak organisation for gymnastics in Victoria, is a member of VicSport (the peak body for State Sport Organisations in Victoria), a member of the Victorian Olympic Council and a member of the Victorian Commonwealth Games Association.
In 2019 Gymnastics was the fastest-growing major participation sport in Victoria with more than 62,000 members linked to 127 clubs and over 400,000 broader participants.
There are seven Gymsports which include Men’s Artistic, Women’s Artistic, Rhythmic, Aerobic, Acrobatic, Trampoline and Gymnastics for All. Gymnastics Victoria is an inclusive organisation with a vision of delivering gymnastics for all Victorians.
Affiliated with Gymnastics Australia and the International Gymnastics Federation (FIG), Gymnastics Victoria provides gymnastics pathways from fundamental movement programs to Olympic Games and World Championships.
To participate in gymnastics find out which of our 127 clubs is best located for you throughout Victoria.
Click here to find a club!
Services for GV Members
Gymnastics Victoria is the governing body for gymnastics in Victoria.
GV is responsible for
- Promoting the sport of gymnastics in Victoria
- Providing services to Club members, participant members and technical (coaches and judges)
- Creating a network of gymnastics clubs
- Organising and hosting events including competitions, training, workshops
- Providing and maintaining a library of resources essential to clubs, gymnasts, parents and schools
- Coaching and judging accreditation and training
- Communication with the public with the latest news and updates
- Providing an avenue for participants to become members; a status that holds many benefits
- Endorsing and encouraging the development of world-class elite athlete
For information on starting a new club click here